Translate

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Allah - Hebrew for "Curse"

Verses where Strongs 0423 alah (aw-law) is used. – this one means oath or curse.

Deut. 29:19-20
19And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this CURSE (ALAH), that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst: 20The LORD will not spare him, but then the anger of the LORD and his jealousy shall smoke against that man, and all the curses that are written in this book shall lie upon him, and the LORD shall blot out his name from under heaven 21And the LORD shall separate him unto evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the covenant that are written in this book of the law:




Judges 17:2
Neh. 10:29
Job 31:30
Isa. 24:6
Jer 23:10; For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing (ALAH) the land mourneth; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil, and their force is not right.11For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the LORD.



Jer 29:18; 18And I will persecute them with the sword, with the famine, and with the pestilence, and will deliver them to be removed to all the kingdoms of the earth, to be a curse (ALAH), and an astonishment, and an hissing, and a reproach, among all the nations whither I have driven them:19Because they have not hearkened to my words, saith the LORD, which I sent unto them by my servants the prophets, rising up early and sending them; but ye would not hear, saith the LORD.

Dan. 9:11
Zech. 5:3



Hebrew word: Strongs 5927 – alah also

Offered – like in Numbers 23:27
27And Balak said unto Balaam, Come, I pray thee, I will bring thee unto another place; peradventure it will please God that thou mayest curse me them from thence.

1 comment:

  1. Please. 0423 is not exclusively used for curse.Read Genesis 26:28. It was used there as an oath. The context on that verse is very positive, an oath of reconciliation.

    Double please. You are referring to the wrong word. Arabic Allah is Hebrew's Eloah (Strong's 0433).

    ReplyDelete