Translate

Saturday, September 12, 2009

The law is bondage? The yoke of the Lord

THE LAW IS GRIEVOUS AND IT IS A BURDEN
- NO ONE CAN DO IT, IT IS BONDAGE!!!!

For this commandment which I command you this day it is not to hard for you, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that you should say: " Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it to us, and make us to hear it, that we may do it?" Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say: "Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it to us, and make us hear it, that we may do it?" But the Word is very near to you, in your mouth, and in your heart, that you may do it. (Deut. 30:11-14)

1 john 5: 3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my load is light. (Mat. 11:28-30)

Many think this is saying the law is gone.. but Jesus is quoting Jeremiah:

Thus said YHWH, stand you in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and you shall find rest for your souls. But they said, we will not walk therein. (Jer. 6:16) ...they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my Torah, but rejected it. (Jer. 6:19)

The Yoke of G-d:
..they are foolish, for they do not know the way of YHWH, the requirements of their God. So I will go to the leaders and speak to them; surely they know the way of YHWH, the requirements of their God." But with one accord they too had broken off the yoke and torn off the bonds. (Jer. 5:4-5 see also Jer. 2:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment